Whether you have one property or six different properties you may ask yourself why you need a property manager when you can do the job yourself. Let me ask you a few questions to help you determine why a property manager may be your best bet.
- Do you have the resources/knowledge to realistically price your property?
- Do you have the resources to effectively market your property for Lease?
- Do you have expert knowledge in the Federal Fair Housing Act?
- Do you have the time to show your property to prospective tenants?
- Do you have the means/time to run a complete application including current credit report, check landlord references, verify income and run a criminal background check?
- Do you have a Lease that abides by the current laws and protects both you and the tenant?
- Do you have time to complete a comprehensive move in inspection complete with extensive, room by room notes and pictures?
- Do you have training and knowledge in Landlord/Tenant Law?
- Do you want to answer maintenance calls 24/7?
- Do you have expert technicians to call if the basement floods or the furnace fails at 2:00 AM?
- Do you have time and/or means to chase down unpaid rent?
- Do you know the steps to properly evict a tenant from your property?
- Did you do that extensive, room by room move in inspection for use at move out?
- Do you know the laws in regards to notifying and refunding a security deposit?
- Do you have the means, contacts and/or time to efficiently turn your property?
- Do you have access to a collection agency or the means to collect any unpaid charges?
We can answer YES to all of the above questions. If you cannot answer yes to all of the above questions we can help. Call and hire KPM today!